Wednesday, April 27, 2005

"Things can get pretty strange..."

"In a New York minute
Everything can change
In a New York minute
Lying here in the darkness
I hear the sirens wail
Somebody going to emergency
Somebody's going to jail"

- From the song "New York Minute" by The Eagles

The above song is one of my favorites (and was featured on a West Wing episode, but I am sure you already knew that). Anyway, yesterday was uneventful - the only cool thing is I can say one of the many things I had to finish up for the semester has been turned in! Yippee. Now I just have to finish those two take home exams. The other reason Tuesday was uneventful was the fact that it rained all day. That's right all day it poured rain - to the point that in many places there was standing water in BG. Anyway, I don't have anything important to ramble about so I will move on to the links:

I found yet another article trying to explain quantum computing. However, you are going to want to check out this article called "Future Computer: Atoms Packed In An "Egg Carton" Of Light?". Note: the research is done at Ohio State University.

I know one of my readers will like this article. Cough...Rob...cough. Seriously, I think you should print it out and put it on your office door. Better yet, give it to your students.

What is George Lucas going to do after Star Wars? Read the article and learn about the man behind Star Wars.

Microsoft is right, this is so true. Speaking of Microsoft, The next Xboxs are going the have chips from NEC Electronics in them. The chip has embedded DRAM and will work with the graphics processor made by ATI Technologies.

Listen to free music offered by RealNetworks.

Cassini flyby could help figure out the mystery of life on Earth. It appears that Saturn's moon Titan has complex organic material in the atmosphere.

Not to worry, you can now get your Yahoo! anywhere.

No comments: