Sunday, April 10, 2005

It Always Rains on Sunday

"Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence." - Morris Kline

Hope everyone is having a fine weekend. I know I am. Although I have a bit of work to do (presentation, paper, project, etc) I am actually making head way. I have gotten my project "un-stuck" for the moment. I still have a weird problem with calculations being made by Mathematica. The results being calculated by Mathematica are correct. However, when I run the matrix through the neural network it chokes on the calculations. However, if I copy and paste the results into a new file and read that to the neural network it runs just fine. This is absolutely and completely baffling me. I even tried to crop the values and that didn't work (to get rid of unwanted rounding problems). At least now that I know the problem I can work around the problem.

Here are some links for today:
Oldest piece of Earth on display.

Jobs gets yet another job.

I thought this looked interesting.

Monkey's seem to prefer Windows. (Better give "Shakespeare's Monkey's" some computers with XP on it).

Well, hello (if you are a Windows user).

The Tiger is coming. If you haven't yet, check out the preview tour.

Watch out for your camel suit, it just might get stolen.

Watch out for fake Microsoft security sites. "The scam uses e-mail messages that appear to come from Microsoft to get recipients to visit a Web page that uploads the malicious program". (This is so why I love my Mac).

Sometimes robbers get what they deserve - absolutely nothing.

Well, that's what I have for Sunday (which, no I didn't write at 1:32 AM on Sunday morning. I actually wrote it at 10:30 PM Saturday night. Yes, I knew you were going to ask - hehe. However, I am grateful that you read my blogs and notice those types of things). Actually I am grateful to everyone who "stops by" and reading my blog - all three of you. Heck maybe there are more of you and I just don't know about it :) Anyway...

Happy Weekend Folks! Hope the sun is shining where you are and you were able to enjoy little bits of spring this past week. Now I have to get back to my "regular" programming (yes, bad pun was intended).

No comments: