Friday, April 8, 2005

His Girl Friday

"'I think you're begging the question,' said Haydock, 'and I can see looming ahead one of those terrible exercises in probability where six men have white hats and six men have black hats and you have to work it out by mathematics how likely it is that the hats will get mixed up and in what proportion. If you start thinking about things like that, you would go round the bend. Let me assure you of that!'" - Agatha Christie (The Mirror Crack'd)

Welcome to Friday's Blog! This has been one of the warmest weeks this spring. It rained a lot on Thursday (but if it means we will have warm weather - I will take it). Three weeks (+ finals) remaining in the semester. Yikes. The weeks are going by fast (maybe a little bit too fast). This weekend I have a bit of school work to do. I need to read some articles (there is this presentation for a class two of us have to give on Wednesday) and find a bug in my code for my project.

Why is it that it takes one programmer to write the program and at least 3 other programmers to debug the code? I think the average computer science students spends 30% of their time writing code and the other 70% trying to figure out why their code doesn't work. However, my judgement might be flawed do to the fact that I am currently trying to find a bug. Anyway...

The "geek" related headlines:
Thanks for stopping by and reading today's blog. Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments: