Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Why Would Anyone Want to Watch This?!?

The discovery channel show BIG! is one show idea I really wonder about. It is not a bad thing - but really how did they come up with it? Can you imagine the meeting?

Person 1: "Hey I just thought of this great idea!!"
Person 2: "What is that?"
Person 1: "Lets have a show where we build really big things!"
Person 3: "Hmm...sounds interesting...what would we call it?"
Person 2: "How about 'Design Big Versions of Random Stuff'?"
Person 3: "No we need something more simple."
Person 1: "Lets call it 'BIG!'"
Person 2: "'Big?'"
Person 1: "No - 'BIG!' - with an explaination point."
Person 3: "Definatly with an explaination point. Otherwise it would just wouldn't work."

Actually, I am sure that someone worked long and hard on the idea from this show. I have personally not watch the show - but I have heard about it. It seems to have a following of sorts. I don't know about you, but I could live without there ever existing a 7-foot toaster. But of course, that's just me.

No comments: