Sunday, September 26, 2004

Next Week Theme: Great Quotes from Movies and TV Shows

(And Why I Think They are Great)

I will probably focus on movies, but occationally there is a great quote from a TV show that might end up in the blog. So, in other words, I didn't want to rule out TV show quotes as a possibility. Partly because come Friday one starts to run out of ideas.

I will probably repeat last weeks theme of questions later in October. I thought I would take a break there and do some lighter material. So to start the week off I will begin with one of my favorite quotes from a movie that I think everyone over 8 has probably seen (and because of the release of the DVDs this week).

"Do or Do Not. There is no try" - Yoda (Star Wars)

This quote is well, one that my parents often repeated to me as a child. Basically, my interruptation is either decide to do something or don't do something. Trying is not really an option. Or another way to think of it is 3 done things are better than 6 partly done things. As a college student I can see this quote having a lot of meaning. You can do whatever it is you want if you think you can. However, if you just "try" at it you are not going to get the full end result.

Hope you enjoy this weeks theme as much as I do! And you are having a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by and reading this blog. I appricate your visit.

No comments: