Monday, September 27, 2004

Quote 2: "I'll think about that tommorrow"

"I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tommorrow." - Scarlett (Gone With the Wind).

I know what you are thinking - how can you possible get a positive spin out of that quote? I know that the point was to show how spoiled the character Scarlett was, but really there is something good to be said of the quote.

There is often times in one's life where someone or something that drives you crazy occurs while you are preparing for something important (presentation, quiz, exam, etc). I find that it is useful to think about the crazy thing tomorrow. Blocking it out of my mind until after the important event has occured. Of course this doesn't work for everytime or for everything. Often times you need to deal with it at that moment and it can't wait.

Anyway, I like the quote and Gone With the Wind is a legandary movie. I have seen it so many times. I am not sure why I like it. Possibly, because of the large scenes and this is before high tech computer graphics. It is an impressive movie and one that people really should see.

Thanks for stopping by and reading todays blog. Hope you enjoyed your visit.

No comments: