Wednesday, September 1, 2004

Ancient Egypt is so Ducky

I have this weird love for ancient history. I know it is weird, especially for a CS grad student. It is kind of out there in right field. Anyway, ancient Egypt seems to be my favorite. I also like ancient Rome and Greece, but there is something about Egyptian history that is well, really interesting to me. To me ancient Egypt seems so magical - maybe it is the pyramids. Anyway, for the fun of it I decided to Google "Ancient Eyptian" and see what I got. Here are the sites that I liked the best:

  • The British Museum's Ancient Egypt site: This site has tons of information and lots of really cool pictures. I could spend hours on this site.
  • The Ancient Egypt Site: This site contains lots of information. It even breaks the history section down into dynasties. I would highly recommend a visit to this site. Not as many pictures - more factual based information.
  • Guardian's Egypt site: Another very interest site on Egypt. This site is focused on trying to get you to visit Egypt. This site basically contains lots and lots of links to other webpages (although not all the links are working correctly). Make sure you check out the pictures of the Bent Pyramids.

Of course there are tons of sites. It is hard to select just a few. Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog.

No comments: