Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Ohio Celebration of Women In Computing

I got notification via CSAM (which is a cool group at University of Michigan that runs these great dinners) about this event - Ohio Celebration of Women in Computing. Registration for going ends March 25, 2005. However, I thought the idea was pretty cool - I didn't know something like this existed. One of the many co-sponsors is BGSU.

Well, this is a quick blog. Hopefully later this week I will actually have time to post up a real blog with like cool links and stuff. Until then, you will have to live off of these half blogs. I spent a good chunk of my free time trying to get this project working (an old project a professor wanted to use for a class exercise about user interfaces). It is quiet large zipped file (6+ MB). If you are interested in taking a look at the Horse Race System feel free (hrs.zip). The project developed using extreme programming practices as the software design process. The software was written in C# using Visual Studio .NET (so you will need the framework installed to run the exe). Sadly, it is Windows only software. It was written for a charity group to use at a fundrasier. You will need to change the resolution of your screen before running the software (the program was designed to look good on large screens).

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog!

No comments: