Wednesday, March 30, 2005

(Don't confuse) Wednesday's Child

"You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water." - Carter (Stargate SG-1)

Hello! It's fun filled Wednesday. The middle of the week and the middle of everything. In the event you were wondering what the title is from (and I will give you a big hint that it is follows a similar pattern to Monday's and Tuesday's blog) you can find out here.

So what's today's blog about? Neural networks. Ever since I started my master's project, people have first asked me what is my project. "Predicting future class enrollment using neural network". The second question I (almost always get is): "What's a neural network?" So I decided to do a little internet search (via the almighty and powerful Google).

Here some links you might find interesting:
An Introduction to Neural Networks by Prof. Leslie Smith.

Neural networks and handwritting recognition.

Neural networks and applications in the medical field.

This news article is about the area of IT in general (but it does mention neural networks.

Well, that is just a brief little bit on the subject area. Neural networks (like quantum computing) is a vast area with large quantities of applications. Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog!

No comments: