Saturday, March 26, 2005

50% Chance this Blog is About Schrodinger's Cat

"It's a kind of a joke, really. His name, that is. Schrodinger's cat." - Carter (Stargate SG-1)

I have already pointed out in an early blog the Interactive Schrodinger's Cat, but there are other interesting links that I am sure you would learn a lot from. Why did I pick this topic? Because I remember the cool quote from Stargate SG-1. Besides, how else was I going to be able to mention it in my blog? Besides, it is pretty funny concept when you think about it. The cat is both dead and alive. You won't know until you look inside. The example is simple, but it represents a complex idea - qubits from quantum physics. You don't know if it spin-up or spin-down until you measure the qubit.

As promised other articles you might find interesting:
A "definition" of the Schrodinger's cat concept.

Here is a very simplifed version - if you are having trouble. However, guessing my audiance you probably don't need it.

Bio of Erwin Schrodinger. Here is another I recommend (shorter version).

On a lighter note, here is a comic called Schrodinger (and is about a cat).

On a completely un-related side note: I finally watched Finding Neverland. Excellent movie. Also, I have been listening to a couple of songs from the soundtrack that I downloaded from iTunes. The movie and the music are wonderful - soft yet strong. Hmm... I am going to have to drink more Diet Pepsi so I can get more caps and download more of the album.

Happy Easter! Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog.

No comments: