Friday, March 25, 2005

FYI

"Clearer? Jim, the other day I rolled up my car window while she was still talking to me! I drove away and she actually ran alongside the car until she was able to pull her hair free at the onramp! I'm telling you, the woman cannot take a hint!" - Murphy Brown (played by Candice Bergen).

NASA has detected light from planets outside of our solar system for the first time. How were they able to do this? The Spitzer Space Telescope.

Yahoo! is mooving up. Yahoo! is planning on giving users 1 GB of storage - to keep up with competition I bet.

An article about Jeff Hawkins and neuroscience (the study of the brain). Jeff Hawkins is starting a new company to build machines that function like human brain. Wow.

Here is an aritcle about FireFox. Recently they have released another new patch for the FireFox browse - making two total. Their goal? Have the safest browser.

Now this article is really cool - IBM's Blue Gene/L has broken a speed record by performing 135.3 trillion floating point operations per second. Of course IBM's Blue Gene/L already held the record, but still. It is the world's fastest supercomputer.

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. Hope you enjoyed some of the articles above. Happy Weekend!

No comments: