Tuesday, March 8, 2005

The Blogger Came Back

I'm back from the land of no internet (i.e., my grandmother's house). Why did I go to grandma's house? My parents and I went to try and help her prepare her house for my cousins wedding. We also took books for my grandma's booth (well, my mother shares the booth with her) in the Lousiville Antique Mall. The downside was the fact that I now have a slight cold :P At least I don't have to try and go to school on top of it (it is spring break at BG). I figured I would update my blog in between sneezes - actually it's not that bad (I just thought it sounded humorous). Anyway...

Here are some little bits of news you may or may not find interesting to read:

The information of this article really didn't surprise me in the least. Why? Because more and more people are using the internet. I can't imagine not having an internet connection. Going several days is hard enough.

The internet now offers us every service imaginable and then some.

Today is International Women's Day. What is International Women's Day? It is a day to celebrate women's achievements (economic, political, and social). Believe it or not, the first International Women's Day was held on March 19 in 1911 in Germany, Austria, Denmark and a few other European countries. It was selected because this was the Prussian king had promised women the right to vote. (For more see this page with background information).

Judge for yourself. All I have to say is - if you can't buy it on the internet it isn't made and these kinds of products are proof.

By the way, unfortunately I don't have any experience with "launching a message from you tree house to your bedroom via a clothesline tied from your outpost to your window". However, I believe you are correct. Quantum communication does make on think of that kind of thing. Thanks for posting a comment. I found it most interesting. Getting comments is really cool. It reminds me that there are people who actually read what I rant and discuss.

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. Until next time.

No comments: