Sunday, February 20, 2005

Sunday the Blogger Didn't Have Answers

As I was working very hard on my take home exam (I have three questions out of five completely done) I realized that I never posted the answer to the question at the end of my Quantum Confussion blog. Here is the answer: 1.

No joke. If you stay in the room long enough (OK, so it wouldn't be physically possible - but we are talking about quantum physics here) there is a probabilty of 1 that the all the molecules of air would gather in the corner. The probability of it happening is very low - but it can happen. This is one of those things that you just have to think about for a while and it will make sense. If you were able to figure it out quickly, well maybe you should consider studying quantum physics or quantum computing. All I ask is when you make a couple trillion dollars in your amazing company that you hire me - since I recommended you down this path. OK, so maybe not - but it never hurts to ask.

So like I said, I am working on this take home exam (fortunatly, not on quantum anything). I need to get it finished up since it is due on Monday. I am making great progress, I just need to refine a few answers. However, I decided to take a few minutes as post this blog.

5 internet companies that Business Week thinks will make it big in 2005. Included in the list is Weblogs and Mozilla. Of course, they talk about these companies being not as well know - which is true (unless you work or stay in tune with the computer market). The comment is made that blogs "offer interesting and unique content".

According to BBC News "UK net users leading TV downloads". The article states that Australians are in second place. So why the UK? Because there is anywhere from a few weeks to months delay before many American shows are broadcasted in the UK. They give a list of the top 10 shows downloaded which includes Stargate Atlantis, Stargate SG-1, Enterprise, and Battlestar Galactica. Hmm...many of these shows are Sci-Fi related. (Of course, this isn't a big surprise to me).

Favorites for Today:
Song: "Thank You" by Dido
Favorite Background Music: Battlestar Galactica 2003 Miniseries Soundtrack
Site: Dave Barry's Blog
Quote: "'Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, 'if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'" - Lewis Carroll (Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There)

No comments: