Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Bets on how long it will take to break this?

This product, like many other security products, is one of those things that is just asking for people to try and find a way around it (or break it). I am not for or against these products. I do know that someone will find away around it because they always do.

By the way you might want to check out this comic. I thought it was pretty funny.

I thought Silicon Valley Regional Computer Forensic Laboratory looks very interesting. Their purpose is to study digital evidence to help with various criminal investigations in California.

Of course, I have to point out the Napster Ad - entitled "Do the Math". OK, so talk about assuming that the public isn't really bright. Are they some how figuring that people just won't notice the "per month" part? Also, they are talking about filling the iPod and not their device, but whatever. I didn't think it was a good ad. To me it seems like the ad preying on the people who don't understand very well.

If TV was like real life I would at least be on the correct side. Of course, I have no idea if this is true in the real world - but I am just guessing it's not.

Favorites for Today:
Song: "Uninvited" by Alanis Morissette
Site: Federal Bureau of Investigation
Quote: "Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Lewis Carroll (Alice in Wonderland)

No comments: