Tuesday, February 15, 2005

The Age of Computer Science

Today I had lunch with two other CS graduate students and we had a lively conversation regarding computer science. As one person pointed out that computer science is a relatively new field (in comparison to many others that is). It has made amazing leaps and bounds in the last 10 years alone and is continuing todo so. The Internet itself has permently changed the way people use computers.

So I decided to post a few links relating to the history of computer science. It is a well know fact: to know where you are going - you need to understand where you came from.

Biography of Grace Hopper
IEEE Computer Society: History of Computing
Computer History Museum
Biographies of Computer Pioneers
Past Notable Women of Computting
The Machine That Changed the World

(I would like to thank those graduate students who I had lunch with that gave me such a wonderful blog idea - I was starting to get writers block).

No comments: