Monday, April 10, 2006

Observations

"Captain, where there's a will, there's an 'or.'" - Jack O'Neill (Stargate SG-1)

Yesterday I filled out all of my tax stuff. I had five to do. One for the state I use to work in, one for the city I use to work in, one for the school district for the city I use to work in, one for the state that I am a permenant resistent, and one for the federal government. I don't recommend working in two different states (and going to two different schools) during the same year. Part of the confussion had to do with the different ways the tuition is covered. Plus, one school just did pay checks and one school has pay checks and a stipend. Yeah, it was a lot of fun :-P

On my drive out to school I made several observations that I decided to share with you all. Why? I haven't the foggiest idea. But when has that ever stopped me?

About half way to school I pass Fort Custer. As I was approching the exits for the Fort Custer area there were huge billboards advertising a hotel never Fort Custer on Sprinkle Road. (Just think for a minute about that one if you don't get it right off).

WMU has huge billoards advertising various areas of the University (Engineering, Natural Science, Aviation, etc) along the expressway. Each of these billboards are very close to exits for various community colleges between here and Ann Arbor. Coincidence or what?

Well, now that I have shared enough of the blah, blah, blah of my life lets move on to other stuff...
Space the Final Frontier News: "NASA Adds Moon Crashing Probes to LRO Mission"

I saw two articles regarding health. Fatty plaques beware: "Free-electron laser targets fat". Also (and more importantly), Nanoparticles armed to combat cancer

Google Wonderful: "Google buys new search algorithm"

Well, my 5 minute break is over. I have to get back to my projects (which are due this week)...

No comments: