Thursday, April 6, 2006

Let's Watch Movies

"I have a theory about this..." - Jake (Must Love Dogs)

Over the past month (and then some) I have finally watched all of two movies: Must Love Dogs and Raising Helen. Both were pretty funny movies. If you are a fan of romantic comedies then Must Love Dogs is a must see. Raising Helen is a great comedy with a lot of interesting characters. Anyway, I recommend both movies. (Both movies have a great soundtrack). My descriptions are totally not doing the movies justice. So just go see them for yourself (if you haven't seen them already).

Complete side note: I wanted to point out the following article - "Huge 1,500-year-old pyramid discovered in Mexico"

Well, that's all I have to report. I have to get up extremely early for my classes tomorrow. Plus, I still have a lot of project work to do. Yikes, projects are due this coming Tuesday! The semester is quickly coming to an end - I can't believe it. Of course, I am having a hard time believing that it is April. Maybe it is the whole not having a life thing because I am in grad school. Hmm...I am going to have to think about that in a few weeks when I have time ;-)

I want to take a moment and mention something important. I love grad school. Honest. Would I be going through all of this if I didn't? There are days where I wonder about my sanity, but I think that would be true regardless of me being in grad school. I view this as sort term sacrifice of things (like life, eating 'good' food, sleeping, mental health, etc) for long time rewards. Benificts you ask? Seriously, who wouldn't want to make everyone call them Dr.? (Just kidding, I don't think I would make people do that...although it would be tempting...no really I don't think I could keep a straight face while they did it).

Anyway, I wanted to clarify that important point, because I wouldn't want people to get the wrong impression. Grad school is absolutely wonderful. I recommend that everyone try it. (You don't know you won't like it unless you try it!) It has been an extremely cool experience. I can't even begin to describe to you how wonderful getting to teach has been. So if you were considering it - my advice: go for it.

Well enough of my rambles. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend! :-)

Today's music to blog by: Torn by Natalie Imbruglia

No comments: