Thursday, June 1, 2006

All Hail Firefox...

"In the beginning there was nothing. God said, 'Let there be light!' And there was light. There was still nothing, but you could see it a whole lot better." - Ellen DeGeneres

Today's music to blog by: Black Balloon by The Goo Goo Dolls

A really good friend of mine sent me a link to this little movie late last night and so I decided to post a link on my blog. He thought it was funny, I thought it was funny, and I am hoping you will find it funny.

I saw security over the weekend in Florida using Segways and I guess they aren't the only ones ("Chicago Cops Crack Heads, Ride Scooters").

It is June 1st? Where did May go? I guess I was a bit busy. Anyway, did you know that on June 1, 1938 the first Superman comic came out? I didn't know until like 5 minutes ago.

Napping is good for you: "Why we could all do with a siesta"

I am not sure if I should say "cool" or "yuck": "Energy snack: Chocolate-munching bugs provide fuel of the future"

Well, that is all the fun I have to report. I love my job. I get to sit, eat breakfast, and watch my students take their exam. It is interesting to watch. I remember being an undergrad and having to take those programming exams. Of course we I went the grad students had to wait in the hall because of the honor policy - but that was a whole wacky engineering thing...so lets just move on 'eh?

Hope you all have a lovely weekend! I will be spending a large chunck of my time working on research (i.e., making up for my so-totally-worth-it weekend last week). However, I expect to sneak in a little tiny bit of fun :-)

No comments: