Saturday, June 17, 2006

Music 'N News

"Three failures denote uncommon strength. A weakling has not enough grit to fail thrice." - Minna Thomas Antrim

First the News:
For your inner computer engineer: "Researchers Reveal New Insights into the Surface of Silicon Semiconductors"

Many will try - but how many will succeed?: "Microsoft said to be developing iPod rival"

The "missing link" isn't missing anymore: "Waterfowl fossils fill in a big missing link: 110 million-year-old birds bridge gap between age of dinosaurs and today"

Because I liked the title: "How to Bake a Galaxy"

Another important study brought out by people who were seriously grasping at straws for research to do: "Web news readers spend more money online: study"

I have been searching (OK, not that hard but still) for some new songs to listen to. Anyway, I thought I would tell you what I have recently downloaded (yes from iTunes...I like iTunes...no making fun!):

"Blue and White" and "I Still Belong to You" by Beth Waters (be warned, site plays music)

"Over My Head (Cable Car)" by The Fray. I had forgotten about this song until one of my students (again, no making fun) mentioned it to me.

"You and Me" by Lifehouse

"It's Goona Be Love" by Mandy Moore. Yep, the song from A Walk to Remember

"The Old Apartment" by Barenaked Ladies. I re-stumbled onto this song :-)

Well, I better get back to work and all that fuzziness. At least I got the grading done! I have a week and a half more of teaching. Then I am going to try and take most of a term off. Assuming I ever finish my research...but lets just not go there okies?

Happy Weekend folks. Thanks for stopping by. Try and not melt out in that warm summer weather :-)

No comments: