Friday, June 30, 2006

So Close...and then Not...

"Your space ship is double parked in my living room." - Tim O'Hara (My Favorite Martian)

I have trouble getting my cell phone to work on this planet. It appears that martians must have even worse problems. "Can you hear me now? Not on Mars"

This proves you never know what you are going to find or where you are going to find it: "Scientists dig up Ice Age bones in mid Los Angeles"

Another study I know you could live without knowing the results to: "Weighted toys may help kids get fit during playtime". (I can just imagine the parent at the toy store going "no you can't get that one, because it isn't heavy enough...")

Heard about Google Checkout? Well it appears to be a "Google Checkout Review". I think the concept is interesting, but usually when I buy online I am really only going to one store. So I am having a hard time seeing the usefulness. Yet, it does seem interesting...even easier shopping...more time to shop...hmmm...I will have to think about this one. (In the mean time you may want to read this review).

"Coming soon: Mind-reading computers" - that would be cool. Except when I am coding and the code is broken...then it wouldn't be such a good idea. But, it sounds cool doesn't it?

The summer I semester is over! I am done teaching. You know what one of the first things I did was? Shopping. Yes, I have issues but whatever. I didn't get any shoes. So, I am still keeping my goal of not buying anymore shoes in June. I have been enjoying my shoes :-) I bought (clearance) clothing instead. It was a lot of fun to not have to worry about anything for 24 hours.

Research is continuing upwards. I have just two small-ish (OK, that is a bit of a stretch, but whatever) parts to finish. Then I can completely wrap up all of my summer stuff and finally take a vacation. I am taking two months off to just relax and do...normal stuff (whatever that might be). I do have several books I want to read and movies I want to see. Plus, there are new episodes of Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis coming in July...July 14th...which is in a couple of weeks...

I better get back to coding. Thanks for stopping by and reading. Hope you enjoyed your visit. Come back again real soon now ya' hear.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha...I'm a real StarGate fan, too. I can't wait. Sam has been stuck out there in space for months now!

Steph said...

I know! They left so much hanging. OK, I know that is the point of a cliff hanger, but still.

Glad to know there are other Stargate fans out there who are just as excited about the new season coming up.

Thanks for leaving a comment!