Monday, October 4, 2004

Quote 6: "Marilla, isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day..."

This week I will focus on quotes from books (with a possibility of later in the week switching back to TV and movies). However, I am going to focus on books - or at least try darn hard to. It is one of those things, I have a couple great ideas, but by Wednesday I have used up my ideas and can't think of anything. Then the following week I think of all these great things I could have done. It is like when someone asks you a question and you just can't think of the answer. You know you know the answer you just can't think of it at the moment. Maybe it is just me, but that is what happens. Anyway, without further delay, here is my first book quote to start us out:

"Marilla, isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?" -- Lucy Maud Montgomery (Anne of Green Gables)

I really like all of the books by Lucy Maud Montgomery - especially the Anne series. The books are well written. The characters are great. Anne has an imagination and even makes mistakes. I highly recommend these books to anyone. The quote I selected is one of many possibilities from the Anne of Green Gables book. There is an important idea Montgomery put into this simple sentance of dialog. Everyday is new and we have a chance to start the day off with nothing wrong and try again. Sometimes we make mistakes, we are only human, but tomorrow we can try again.

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. I enjoy writing it and I hope you enjoy reading it!

No comments: