Wednesday, October 27, 2004

iPod Photo

I wonder what Apple will bring out next? Displaying photo's on an iPod sounds pretty cool. Of course, if you already own an iPod you will have to purchase a new one ($499 for the 40 GB model, $599 for the 60 GB model). It states that the new iPod has a longer battery life - not that I thought there was a problem with the battery life of the old iPod. The thought of a color screen is pretty cool. Apple is right in time for the holiday season. Plus, they have been running a lot of commercials on TV (the new U2 one). There is even a new limited edition U2 iPod for only $349 plus some iTunes gift certificate for U2 music ($50).

Now I leave you will a puzzling question: Do customers really think that $3.49 sounds cheaper that $3.50? Even if we talk about $200 vs. $199? I always wondered if that marketing scheme worked or maybe it doesn't and they just want us to think that it does. The other day when I was in Target I noticed that all their prices end with either $0.99, or $0.49. Does that really get me to buy more?

Tough questions and I certainly don't have all the answers. I will let you pounder of that for a while. In the meantime, thanks for stopping by and reading my blog!

No comments: