Saturday, October 16, 2004

Quote 12: "...if it was so, it might be..."

"'Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, 'if it was so, it might be; if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'" -- Lewis Carroll (Through the Looking-Glass: And What Alice Found There)

This quote was in a programming book back with I was just learning C++. Lewis Carroll's books are full of wonderful quotes. Another one I like is:

"'When I use a word,'" Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less.'"

This quote is also from Through the Looking-Glass: And What Alice Found There. Lewis Carroll was a mathematician which to me makes his books quiet interesting. The books are very entertaining to read. However, I find it interesting to look at the contents of the books. The logic discussed in both books is really quiet interesting. Read the first quote again and thing about it.

Well, I will leave you with these interesting food for thought quotes by Lewis Carroll. Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog! Have a great weekend.

No comments: