Saturday, October 9, 2004

Quote 10: "We must have ideals and try to live up to them..."

"We must have ideals and try to live up to them, even if we never quite succeed. Life would be a sorry business without them. With them it's grand and great." - Lucy Maud Montgomery (Anne of Avonlea)

I picked this quote because my last blog was all about the future and stuff like that. As part of my grad school orientation we have to some interesting sessions about various things. I am watching video taped sessions. Anyway, I decided to watch ones about job seeking. Anyway, it makes me think about me goals and what I want to do. Of course, I am still fuzzy on all that stuff. What can make my life wonderful? What kind of things do I want to do with my degree? Of course, I am totally off the topic of todays quote.

I think we all have ideals of what life should be like. We are always trying to live up to what we think is these ideas. Ideals are like goals, sometimes we reach them and other times we don't. What are your ideals? I am not sure what mine are exactly. Well, that will give you something to ponder for the weekend.

Completely off the subject - links you might like to check out (or avoid):
Mac New Network - a site all about Apple
Zappos Vegetarian Shoe Section - for all the vegetarians out there
ProfQuotes - very funny to read
Jon's World o' Squirrels - yes, there is a site about squirrels

Well, thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. Have a good weekend!

No comments: