Saturday, November 5, 2005

"Not to worry..."

"Not to worry, we are still flying *half* a ship!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi(Star Wars: Episode III)

It's the weekend again. Like most weekends I have my large quanitiy of things I need to do - homework, lecture prep, and project stuff. This weekend I also have to study for a test in computer networks. It is over the TCP/UDP layer and a little on the IP protocol. Fun stuff.

The lecture I am preping for is arrays. Arrays are a lot of fun to teach and a very important part of programming. However, I am really looking forward to going over sorting, but that is for the following week. I am trying to narrow down what example I want to use in-class. I am also trying to figure out some good practice problems to have the class do. I am hoping that this will lead them to a better understanding of arrays. Of course, as I told someone else - it can't hurt. It's not like they are going to learn less from my example.

Like the rest of the world I purchased and watched the DVD (which was released Tuesday but I didn't have a chance to watch it until Friday night) for Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith. Overall, its a good movie. Haven't watch much of the special features - just a few deleted scenes. My favorite part of the movie? The fact there is lots of Yoda. Lots of Yoda with a light saber...

Anyway, moving on:

"'Molecular Legos' Net Professor, Student Nanotech Prize"

I wonder how I missed this? (Google Talk)

No comments: