Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I'm Getting Old...

Well, not that old. My birthday recently passed and that got me thinking. Recently, my life has been what I would determine as a large ball of confussion and uncertainty OK, so maybe that is just a permenant condiciton in grad school - just kidding. I have looked to see where I have been and where I am going. Trying to plan for the next year - which is proving to be difficult. And I won't even begin to mention the near future - I haven't got that worked out yet either.

However, I have decided to just roll with it. Forget about the short-term goals for the moment. I have been so caught up in the fact that I don't have a mid-term goals that I have forgot about the short-term goals and my long-term goals. Why am I writing this in a blog? I haven't the foggiest of ideas. My guess is you don't really care so I am going to stop rambling about it now. And it to the point of why I actually have a blog. Here are some links you may or may not like:

Space news: A star is born in the Carina Nebula. Did you know that as the star is created it causes havoc on the space around it? I hadn't really thought about it before. Something that is older than I am: Voyager (28 yrs old) is reaching the end of our solar system. It seems that there is a new telescope to scan the space to search for alien life - it's a SETI project and sounds a lot like something from that movie Contact. Calculation errors happen all the time. The Andromeda galzxy was a little bigger than we originally believed.

I am not sure what to say about this - so I am just not going to say anything at all.

Another day, another processor. AMD makes new processor callend the Athlon 64 X2. It comes in two flavors 1MB of L2 cache or 2MB.

Some people have way to much time on their hands.

No comments: