Saturday, May 14, 2005

"It's like a light of a new day"

"I'm not quitting my job. How am I supposed to eat? Go down to the welfare office and stand in the Superhero line?" - Ralph Hinkley (The Greatest American Hero)

I'm back! I have been on a great vacation in Amelia Island Florida. I new I was really on vacation when I was sitting in a beach chair sipping $3.50 diet coke with a lime in it. It is only when you are on vacation that you would ever cosider spending that much for a diet coke. It was beautiful weather while I was there and I got a light tan. Of course, it was a shock coming back to Michigan and the mild (upper 50s). I also have finally caught up on my sleep (and gotten my sleep patterns back to something that could be considered to be normal - well geek normal that is). One of the cool things to see was the house used as Pippi Longstocking's house in the movie.

Lots of space headlines: Weather satellite is going to be launched. This will help forecast and the monitor climate changes all over the world. On May 12th, the Mars Rover was having trouble. It appears that it got stuck in a sand dune and has been there for 2 weeks. Yikes. New discovery: NASA has a new theory massive x-ray emissions may have kept Earth from going into the sun.

This is just a shocking headline: "Robots May One Day Reproduce".

American Musuem of Natural History has a new exhibt. It's very old.

(Blog title from "Believe It or Not" theme song from the TV show The Greatest American Hero)

No comments: