Saturday, May 21, 2005

Star Wars III - Movie

"Good relations with the Wookiees, I have." - Yoda (Star Wars III)

This afternoon I want and saw Revenge of the Sith. It really was a good movie. The fight scenes with Yoda in them were very good. There is even a scene where Yoda flattens out some of this hair - which I thought was interesting. From my limited understanding hair is difficult to render. So, I thought it was a nice added touch. Anyway, it was a good movie. I agree with many of the reviews I read - it is really good except the scenes with just Padme and Anakin. The scenes between the two were just not flowing as well as one might expect.

Although the movie had a PG-13 rate, I didn't think it was as intense as others of the series. I think that had a lot to do with the fact that anyone who had scene the other movies knew exactly what was going to happen. You know Yoda and Obi-Wan are not going to get killed and you know that Anakin is going to turn into Darth Vadar. I would compare it to a book series you happen to read out of order. If you have already read a later book, then you have a lot of knowledge of what is going to happen in the current book. Many of the surprises and the unknown are taken out of the equation. The book is still good and you enjoy reading it. Ok, so were was I - oh right - the movie was fast paced as well which I think made the intensity less during the movie. A lot happens and your brain doesn't fully process all of it or something. Afterwards you think a lot more about it.

So, yes I basically loved the movie. Lots of Yoda, lots of lightsabor fights, and lots of wrap up information. I felt it really explained the later movie. Did I mention there was lots of Yoda?

No comments: