Sunday, January 16, 2005

First week down, a bunch to go...

The first week back at school has finished and I survived. However, I am glad that I have Monday off. Then I don't have any classes until Wednesday night. I am beginning to do reading relating to my project - stuff about least squares. A concept I remember covering in a class this summer but the deals are slighly fuzzy at the moment. I decided to space the work this weekend. Of course it is nice to be a home. My mother made chocolet cake this afternoon which is always a bonus. The book I ordered from Amazon ("Software Engineering: A Practitioner's Approach" by Roger S. Pressman) for my class arrived on Friday. I haven't figured out if it will be usefule for the class or not. I have looked at the book and it is packed with useful information. It appears to make a great reference book on the subject.

Target has gotten in a lot of really cool stuff that they are calling Global Bazaar. If you are near a Target or have time to check it out online they have some really interesting stuff. It's not cheap, but there are several pieces of funiture I really like. I was at the store today and saw these really cute round tables. Of course they are like $100 so I will never buy one, but I still think they are cool.

After all of the announcements by Apple there just hasn't been any good geeky news. Old news item of interest - iPod's aren't just for music.

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blogl. Until next time I leave you with my favorite Quote for Today:
Bartlet: "I agreed to be locked up with you people for 48 hours. How much time do I have left?"
Leo: "Forty-seven hours, 41 minutes,"

No comments: