Monday, August 29, 2005

I'm Here...Well Maybe

I just wanted to thank everyone who sent me emails and best wishes regarding grad school. I will email you back as soon as things calm down. In the last week the following events have occured:
1. I got accepted into Western Michigan's PhD program
2. I find out that I am joint teaching a class (CS 1060 introduction to Visual Basic)
3. I find out that CS 1060 has 60 students and I am doing the lectures
4. I find in two days
5. I move into new apartment (and hope to finish unpacking soon)
6. I wrote my class syllabus, figured out my lecture schedule, and did a ppt presentation for first lecture
7. Realized my new apartment is nearly twice the size of my old apartment
8. Registered for classes
9. Had the admission department of new school ask me to send transcript from a university I never attended

OK, so I could make the list longer - but I won't. Anyway, be nicer to your professors. Do you know how much work they had to go through to prepare material for your classes? Of course, be even nicer to your graduate student instructors who had to but in all that effort and start their own classes.

Well, I have to get going. Lots of stuff I still need to do before the day is over. Hopefully, when I get internet for my apartment I can post regularly - or more often.

No comments: