Monday, August 8, 2005

Can Monday's really be happy?

"At times the world can seem an unfriendly and sinister place. But believe us when we say there is much more good in it than bad. And what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events, may in fact, be the first steps of a journey." - Violet Baudelaire (Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events)

Happy Monday! Can Monday's really be happy? Yes they can! Especially, when you realize you are done with taking classes (for my masters) and you just have to finish your project. I am collecting more data, working on my slides, and all that jazz. On a complete side note: Yes Chad I did watch Stargate SG-1, Atlantis, and Battlestar on Friday. I thought they were pretty good.

Spend the weekend moving back to Michigan (from Ohio). It only took 2 mini-van loads (excluding all the stuff I brought back earlier in the summer). I figured that wasn't too bad. I still have food (rice, pasta, etc) that I purchased with the remainer of food money from living in the dorms more than a year ago. How sad is that? Actually, do you think they make you buy too large of a meal plan? (Yes, I got the smallest one they offered).

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Here are some links you might enjoy:

I was going to buy an Xbox, but now I am not sure. OK, so most likely I will still buy an Xbox but it isn't going to be nearly as exciting.

Guide for buying an inkjet printer (cough, cough).

"Schrodinger's cash" - interesting, most interesting read.

Really ducky: "Robot catcher grabs high speed projectiles"

"Tandem Ions May Lead the Way to Better Atomic Clocks"

I thought this was an interesting little article (by cnet.com): "Top 10 tech we miss"

By the way, according to this article, "Quantum information can be negative". "The discovery, that quantum knowledge can be negative was made by three researchers, Drs Michal Horodecki, Jonathan Oppenheim and Andreas Winter, of the Universities of Gdansk, Cambridge and Bristol." Wow.

No comments: