Thursday, June 23, 2005

Batman Begins

"Sir, whatever is the point of all those push-ups if you can't even lift a log?" - Alfred (Batman Begins)

Yes, I went and say Batman Begins on Wednesday evening. And yes if you go to a movie on a Wednesday night at 7 PM there is hardly anyone else there. I am sure that Wednesday night is not a big "lets go to the movies night", but I was surprised at the lack of people. When we left over 2 and a half hours later it was even emptier. Anyway, back to the movie...

I like the movie - really liked the movie. Of course, I recognized Gordon as Gary Oldman, but I couldn't place Bruce Wayne/Batman (Christian Bale). When I got home I looked him up. He was Laurie in Little Women (one of my favorite movies) and he was in Swing Kids as well.

Michael Caine makes a wonderful (and funny) Alfred. Liam Neeson plays the bad guy (I think he must have joined the dark side...alright that was a bad joke). Cillian Murphy plays the scary Dr. Crane really well. OK, so now that I have cleared up who is who I can actually tell you about the movie.

The graphics were excellent, Batman's car is cool, and there were some excellent fight sequences. Did I mention the really cool car? Plus the bat cave is interesting will a waterfall (that he drives the really cool car through). It is one of the few movies where the guy doesn't quiet "get the girl". Anyway, I like the movie and totally recommend that you see it. This movie covers what the title implies - how Batman became...well Batman.

There are several humor lines injected through the movie - which helps with flow and keep it from getting to intense. This isn't a kids movie (it's rated PG-13) but it doesn't have much blood or anything. It is really "dark" but we are talking about Batman. If I tell you much more than I might ruin the movie for ya - so I won't mention much else. One thing I will say - I drink bottle water and will continue to do so.

No comments: