Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Florida and Cake

"There are three hundred and sixty-four days when you might get un-birthday presents ... and only one for birthday presents, you know." - Lewis Carroll

So I got "older" today. Yikes. It has been a pretty interesting few days. To celebrate my birthday my parents took me on a quick trip to Sanibel, Florida over the long weekend. Since I teach on Tuesdays and Thursdays it was a short weekend trip, but so totally wonderful. I didn't take any grading or research with me. I didn't even take my cell phone with me or a computer. It was kind of weird and wonderful at the same time.

If you are ever thinking about visiting the area I recommend you check out the Sanibel & Captiva Islands Chambers of Commerce site. There are tons of places to stay (I recommend Sundial Resort) and many really good resturants (I recommend Mc T's Shrimp House and Hungry Heron).

On the plane ride back and forth from Florida I read Lauren Weisberger's new book Everyone Worth Knowing which I thought was a really funny book. It was a great on-a-relaxing-vacation-read kind of book. Of course, you have to be fan of the new 'chick-lit' books - which I totally am. Oh and the trailer is out for the movie based on Lauren Weisberger's other book The Devil Wears Prada. You can check out the movie website (and trailer) here.

Other news you might find interesting:
"Nano World: Superior nanowire transistors"

"Home broadband users up 40 percent"

"Poison Ivy will likely thrive as global warming increases"

Well, I am off to do play with the new speakers for my iPod shuffle...err...do lots of work...coding java...well after I plug in my iPod shuffle speakers and get a piece of cake.

No comments: