Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Defuzzification

EDIT: "Review leads to sweeping changes in grad programs". The part that caught my attention: "Eight doctoral programs and 13 master's programs will be eliminated. Programs at the doctoral level that are slated for elimination are: applied economics, clinical psychology, comparative religion, computer science, public administration, school psychology, Spanish and statistics." Of course, I have 7 years to actually finish my degree, but it was a shocking read. Absolutely shocking.

"When the only tool you have is a hammer, everything begins to look like a nail." - Lotfi Zadeh

Nope, I am not making defuzzification up. It really is a word...well it is a word in the world of fuzzy logic anyway. Basically defuzzification means finding the answer based on a bunch of fuzzy rules. (Still don't believe me? I'm not making it up. If I was going to make something up I would pick something way better than that).

Well here are some articles you might find interesting:
Sports meets science: "Physicists: Here's how Beckham bends it"

"Software Adds Age To Photographs of Faces" - one of the reasons I linked to this site was the inventive ad which looks like the corner of the page bend down. It was the first time I had either seen (or noticed) that kind of ad. Anyway, I thought it was kind of ducky. Completely pointless, but ducky all the same.

Computers making the world a better place for all creatures: "Can computer models replace animal testing?"

Google-fied: "Google Web Toolkit - Build AJAX apps in the Java language"

"Scientists Reveal How Signals Travel Through Rats' Whiskers"

Oh and complete side note, in C# you can't print a square root symbol to the console. If you try to print the unicde for the square root symbol you actually get a ?a I believe. Not like that is useful info or anything...unless you are a grad student and one of your students ask you something like that. Luckily, I haven't gotten anymore good but off the wall questions.

Well, I have to go post up the next assignment for lab tomorrow and a few other little things like that. So I will just type myself off into the sunset....

(I have no idea where I was going with that...but whatever...)

No comments: