Thursday, February 9, 2006

Thursday's Blog

"I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my squishy. Come on, squishy Come on, little squishy. Ow Bad squishy, bad squishy" - Dory (Finding Nemo)

The comic that explains the real truth behind grad school

A good reason to take math: "Math could predict Oscar award winners"

"Scientists discover possible ancestor of T.rex"

This morning in lecture for my algorithms class we spent the entire time on proving satisfiability is an NP-C problem. Oyh! My head hurts now. We were solving it for all satisfiability problems (and no a specific instance). I found it a little hard to wrap my mind around all of it - was it p(n) or p(n)+1...now p(n) stood for what again? Oh and since it is offset by one then... It was a very interesting lecture, but one very confusing lecture.

The sun is out and it is nice and sunny. Hopefully, the snow will melt. It up to 30 degrees outside. It doesn't seem like much but when I arrived at school this morning it was 16 degrees and no sun. (My classes start very early in the morning - 8 AM. OK, so that isn't that earlier for the world, but it is for the college world). I think the really cold weather makes you want to hibernate. Bears get to - why not humans?

OK, so I admit my grasps on reality are slowly disappearing. I think I will just stop typing and post this blog before I ramble anymore nonsense at ya.

No comments: