Wednesday, February 8, 2006

Better Days, Never Saw Blue

"Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days" - Lyrics for Better Days by The Goo Goo Dolls

The Goo Goo Dolls (note: site plays music) have a single out since November - but I guess I was to busy with school to realize it. If you haven't heard Better Days, you should as soon as possible. In true Goo Goo Doll style they have created a very moving song. Just listen for the line "Cuz tonight's the night the world begins again". (You can find full lyrics here if you are interested). This is another song on my 'listen to over and over and over and over again list'. (I have already listened to it 69 times).

Another song I have been listening to is Never Saw Blue by Hayley Westernra. I haven't decided what it is about the song that I like so well. I can only explain it as "I just want to listen to it" kind of song. (Yes, it is on my 'listen to over and over and over and over again list'). I am so going to have to burn a new CD with these songs on it for listening when I drive back and forth to school from my parents.

This comic made me laugh (and I think it will have the same effect on anyone else who is in/has been in grad school or similar).

The air has a certain crispness up here in the cold they claim as Michigan. It is definite warm sweaters season. The little heater practically has to run continuously to keep the temperature confortable. It hasn't snowed any more - thankfully. We get little spits of snow on and off - flurries they like to call them. Of course, if the weather people are to be believed it is not going to get better any time soon. They are predicting a drop in temperature over the weekend. It is a good thing I have so many sweaters :-D

Other links you might be interested in:
Aren't they cute?

"The Growing Habitable Zone: Locations for Life Abound"

No comments: