Friday, February 1, 2008

Old Movies, Snow, ect

"How about making me vice president in charge of cheering you up?" - Peter Joshua(Charade)

It has snowed even more here in Michigan. Around 3 inches! Many schools are closed today state wide. I don't actually have any classes today (so of course today is cancelled). We are scheduled to possibly have more snow! Then on Monday we are suppose to warm back up - briefly.

I am on another "old movie kick". Recently, I have watched Charade and Everybody Sing. Charade stars Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant. Funny movie and Audrey Hepburn wears some of the most interesting outfits. The surprising twist at the end was quiet good. Also the scene where Cary Grant takes a shower in his suit is really worth seeing. Everybody Sing stars Judy Garland and Fanny Brice. The singing is marvy. OK, so it is your typical "B" movie of the time. But worth a watch anyway.

Tonight another new episode of Stargate Atlantis is on! Ducky. Replicator come to earth is the short version of the basic concept of tonights episode. I am looking forward to see it. A new episode of Psych is also on tonight. I am so glad that each show is run twice in the evening.

Of course, there is some irony that of the few tv shows I do watch they tend to be on the same evening (although this is a first for being on at the same time). I only watch four shows right now (Stargate Atlantis, Psych, Bones, and Boston Legal). And the first two are the only ones running new episodes right now. I will get to add another show to the list next year - since the Sci-Fi Channel has picked up Sanctuary! Very interesting and very different show.

Well, I better get back to work. Lots to do before Monday. Thanks for stopping by and reading.

No comments: