Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Blizzard-Like Snow

Last night Michigan was hit with some pretty big storms. First, we had thunderstorms followed by a couple of inches of snow. The worst is the 50 mph gusts! My car was under my covered parking space and still got an inch of snow on it. 100's of schools and businesses are closed on this side of the state. The bad weather warnings didn't end until noon. Yet, I am writing this from my office...

Yes, I happen to be at one of the places that didn't close. Yes, I did have class. I did notice that attendance does appear to be small and there are not a lot of students around. Oh and it is still snowing and windy (we have a blowing snow advistory). Oh and they think there is more snow coming. Lovely.

Anyway, it is suppose to get better in the afternoon (at least for a little bit). So I figured I would go ahead and have my office hours anyway. I was already here and everything. However, becuase of the weather I am highly doubting that anyone is going to come.

Other than the weather, everything is going well. I am keeping myself busy with research. As a related side note, there is a paper using fuzzy logic to explain the golden ratio. I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but it looks cool. I was actually looking for something else when I stumpled over this paper.

Well, I better get back to fuzzifying data. Yep, fuzzification and de-fuzzification. Eyes glazed over yet? ;-)

No comments: