Saturday, January 26, 2008

Nothing Important...

"Details of your incompetence do not interest me." - Miranda Priestly (The Devil Wears Prada)

School has an interesting way of coming in chunks these days. I have spent the last week quiet swamped. Oh and it has been snowing like crazy. I think tomorrow is the first day since last week that the forcast only shows "snow flurries" and a temperature above 25. On Friday when I left for school it was 0 degrees with a wind chill of -10. Yuck. Did I mention recently how much I hate snow?

Back to the school thing. I have two presentations I am trying to prepare and homework. I heard rumors that I might be getting some grading in the near future. I have been studying up on Fibonacci heaps (one of the presentations). I also have been reading about red-black trees and b-trees. Fun stuff - no?

Once I finish up with all of that I have to create a presentation regarding my research. I am starting practising presenting my research material so that one day (in many, many, many, many, many months for now) I might get around to proposing. Of course, I have tons of stuff to do before I am any where near ready with proposing. But, I am slowly heading in the direction.

Complete side note: I don't know how I lived before I got my iPod Touch and super-ducky in-ear headphones. They are perfect for using at my office. Blocks some of the just noise-noise. There is this weird vent-fan thing that makes a high-pitch noise when it runs, but the headphones help block it out! I can't decide if I want to get the new software update. Choices, choices, choices...

No comments: