Monday, January 22, 2007

Billboards, etc

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Each week I do a far amount of expressway/highway driving getting back and forth from school. Now for anyone who wasn't driven across the middle of Michigan let me fill you in on the details. Are you ready?

There is absolutely without a doubt nothing! That's right. About every hour or so you come across a town, but otherwise there is nothing. Not even a gas station or a fast food resturant. However, there are tons of billboards. There is so little to see, that I know when they have updated any of the billboards. OK, you can stop laughing now ;-)

But seriously. I read the billboards. My favorite are the The Foundation for a Better Life billboards. (OK, so the fact that I have favorite billboards just sounds weird, but you should all be use to that by now right?) And just to prove how much I like these billboards I even have one as my desktop background for my laptop.

On my desktop I proudly have the picture of the Optimism billboard. If you haven't seen it, it is the one with Thomas Edison and the light bulbs. Why did I choose this one? Several years back I heard the original quote the billboard is based on: "Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results. I know several thousand things that won't work. " - Thomas Edision. There are several other Thomas Edision quotes with similar themes (and you can find a nice list here if you are interested).

There are lots of these great billboards out there. So if the weather isn't too bad and you are driving along the highway keep an eye out. Pass It On.

No comments: