Saturday, December 11, 2004

Webopedia

Earlier this afternoon I needed to figure out the advantages/disadvantages of twisted-pair cables had over fiber optic. I decided to start by searching for twisted-pair cable. The site that came up first was Webopedia. Webopedia is an online dictionary and search engine for technology and internet definitions. I was easily able to find the information I needed.

I am preparing for an exam in OS and Networking class. I am not a huge fan of the materical. However, over the semester I gained respect for the topic. I am glad I underatnd the concept of networking a little better now. The OS materical was interesting, but I knew the basics before taking the class. The only think I really knew about networking was the round robin method of passing information from a project I worked on my senior year.

Well, I have to get back to studying. I am glad that the full week of classes is over and I can start relaxing for a couple of weeks. Grad school can wear you out the last week. Actually, I take that back college can wear you out the last week. Because if memory serves me correctly I had the same problem in my undergrad years. Of course at this point I can't imagine having a 9 to 5 job. lol.

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. Until next time.

No comments: