Tuesday, December 7, 2004

Schindler's List

Over the past few days I have been listening to the music from Schindler's List. I have seen about 2/3's of the movie over time. The movie is impressive and there are some excellent scenes. The fact that it is in black and white gives the movie something added - I would say power is the best way I can categorize it.

The music of the movie is powerful and mood setting. Some of the songs are sad and others are full of hope. The violins from the main theme of Schinder's List is highly recognizable. Some might say that the song is sad. I disagree. The violins are playing a song of survival, hope, fighting for what is right, and not giving up. If you have never heard the soundtrack to Schinder's List I highly recommend that you go out and get it right away.

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. Until next time.

Today's Quote (from the movie Schindler's List):
ITZHAK STERN: Let me understand. They put up all the money. I do all the work. What, if you don't mind my asking, would you do?
OSKAR SCHINDLER: I'd make sure it's known the company's in business. I'd see that it had a certain panache. That's what I'm good at. Not the work, not the work... the presentation.

No comments: