Saturday, November 13, 2004

Sewall-Belmont House

I know you are asking - "What is the Sewall-Belmont House?" and "Why link to it in your blog?". Both are reasonable questions that have reasonable answers. So, in order to explain, I will simply start at the beginning. I am continuing my blog theme of blog topics relating to woman's suffrage. The Sewall-Belmont House was used as the National Woman's Party's headquarters. The Sewall-Belmont House is now a museum and education center for both suffrage and equal rights.

I highly recommend that you take a look at the IBM Project. There are interesting photos on several pages in the site. (Site navigation is a little bit tricky with Firefox or Safari - but if you find links within the page you can easily more around within the site or by viewing source). There is an interesting history associated with the house - that I also recommend taking a look at. There is even a library - which contains many feminist resources. The house and grounds are being restored this year and there is information about that as well. If you are looking to donate there is information regarding that as well.

Thanks for stopping by and reading another entry in my blog. I am sorry for the inconsistent blog entries. I didn't enough blogs written during last weekend - which allows me to be more consistent with my blogs during the week. Anyway, maybe this week I will be more consistent. Happy Weekend Everyone!

No comments: