Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Sometimes, I Just Don't Get It

"The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no decision-making ability whatsoever to make six decisions just to buy one cup of coffee. Short, tall, light, dark, caf, decaf, low-fat, non-fat, etc. So people who don't know what the hell they're doing or who on earth they are can, for only $2.95, get not just a cup of coffee but an absolutely defining sense of self: Tall. Decaf. Cappuccino. " - Joe Fox (You've Got Mail)

It is Wednesday. The middle of the week. The time when I begin to breath and sleep again. The first part of the week I always feel behind - like there are twenty things I should have done over the weekend and didn't, twenty more things that professors have assigned for me todo in those last two days, and on top of that I have to give a lecture to about 60 students on Tuesdays. By Wednesday I have finished up the work, I have given my lecture, prepared the next lecture, and have already started on all the new stuff. So like I said, it is the time during the week where I start sleeping again.

Of course, this time during the week I always start feeling insightful and really I am just rambling. Like this whole blog - one long ramble written by me which has probably some sort of reading audiance of like 5 whole people. That's the part you really don't know isn't it? I place my blog out here on the Internet where anyone can see it, but how many people actually read it? I am still guess about 5. Of course, I am always hoping I am wrong. OK, I am guessing this is all of my rambling you can tolerate for one day. Now on to the part you came for:

"Nature gives a lesson in armor design"

"The Free Standards Group has released its third version of the Linux Standard Base"

For the extremely busy, yet religious type

"Challenging the World's Largest Computing Grid"

I feel so much better knowing they did a whole study on this (I am of course being as sarcastic as one can possibly be in a blog)

"Most of the city may be without clean drinking water, but US coffee chain Starbucks has still managed to reopen its first outlet in New Orleans since the city was pounded by Hurricane Katrina".

No comments: