Tuesday, December 12, 2006

That's a Wrap...

"Oh, but there is. I'm not just a whimsical figure who wears a charming suit and affects a jolly demeanor. You know, I... I... I'm a symbol. I'm a symbol of the human ability to be able to suppress the selfish and hateful tendencies that rule the major part of our lives. If... you can't believe, if you can't accept anything on faith, then you're doomed for a life dominated by doubt." - Kris Kringle (Miracle on 34th Street)

I have lived through another term. Actually, the term isn't completely over yet. I have to finish a paper, give an exam, and do some grading. However, I am done with my exams (and the paper is really close). So I am going to count it as the end of the term. Close enough. Anyway, I am so looking forward to having a few weeks off :-)

News that I wanted to link to:
"Berkeley to Regulate Nanotechnology"

It's a bird. No, it's a plane. No! It's a squid?!? : "Squid-inspired design could mean better handling of underwater vehicles"

"The 10 Gadgets That Changed the World"

"Edison's light bulbs up for auction in Britain"

Space the final frontier : "Astronauts venture outside for space station work"

Well, I better get back to all important school work (i.e., trying to figure out how to stretch my paper that last few inches of page). Seriously, I never have had this kind of problem. I ramble and I am good at it. However, this one has been a chanllenge. Usually I am playing with the margins trying to jimmy a couple dozen extra lines in. It has been a new experience that's for sure.

Have a happy week! Now if you will excuse me I have a new hobby I want to take up - napping. Thanks for stopping by and reading!

No comments: