Friday, November 17, 2006

Real Life? Never heard of it...

"Charlie Brown, you're the only person I know who can take a wonderful season like Christmas and turn it into a problem. Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest." - Linus Van Pelt (A Charlie Brown Christmas)

So funny (and so true).

Give a gift they will always treasure: Nanowires ("For Better Nanowires, Just Add Diamond")

Science meets anthropology: "Old bone helps crack Neanderthal DNA"

I have been busy with two projects. The end of the term is creeping closer. Of course, I am looking forward to a little vacation and lots of sleeping. Did I mention sleeping?

Thanksgiving (since I started grad school) is that holiday right before finals and it allows you to do three things:
1) Eat a "normal" meal (i.e., not take-out or from a vending machine)
2) Actually sleep (without missing important things)
3) Go shopping

No matter how tired I am, I always go shopping on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Even if it is only for a few hours. Partly because of tradition and partly because I like going shopping. (OK, so I find shopping to very relaxing). Also, it is when you start actually enjoying all the Christmas/holiday decorations. It is most important when all of the sales start. Thanksgiving marks the beginning of "Shopping Season". Shopping Season last until about mid-January (i.e., all the after-Christmas sales). I really love shopping during this part of the year. Almost every store has a special items they get in. Clothing stores have all of their sweaters out (and many of you know how much of love sweaters).

Well, I better get back to coding if I want to go shopping next Friday! Happy weekend!

No comments: