Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Happy Election Day!

"We're legitimate citizens. We're taxed without representation. We're not allowed to serve on juries so we're not tried by our peers. It's unconscionable, not to mention unconstitutional. We don't make the laws but we have to obey them like children." - Alice Paul (Iron Jawed Angels)

I am horribly guilty for not updating my blog. However, I have an excellent explaination: Midterms. However, I have a few days in between midterms and projects. So I thought I would just toss up a quick blog this morning before my week goes back to its normal craziness.

It is election day. Here in Michigan that means most many people have the day off. Auto workers have it in their contracts + Michigan is known as the motor city = many people have the day off. OK, way to much studying...I am using equations to explain stuff. Ugh! Of course, I don't have the day off or anything.

I wanted to point out this article: "Watch Out for Mixing Religion and Politics, Charlie Brown" but just hadn't gotten around to it.

Trying really hard not to laugh at the title: "Professor's Bigfoot Research Criticized"

Current song obsession: "Some of Us" by Starsailor. I first heard the song on a Bones episode. Since then I have been kind of hooked. (I love iTunes).

Well, I better get back to being a grad student. Whatever that means exactly...

No comments: