Tuesday, October 3, 2006

One Month Down...

"Now we all have a great need for acceptance, but you must trust that your beliefs are unique, your own, even though others may think them odd or unpopular, even though the herd may go, that's baaaaad. Robert Frost said, 'Two roads diverged in the wood and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.'" - John Keating (Dead Poets Society)

Discover the origins of the universe, get Nobel Prize - cool: "Nobel in Physics Is Awarded to 2 Americans"

Wait - there was a company that Microsoft didn't already own? "Microsoft Buys Desktop Firm "

"Forget the Big Bang -- it's more a Deep Hum" - so are they going to change the name?

I know you think that this next article is kind of odd - "Surveys Shape Museum Exhibits on Science" but I suggest taking a look. (Hey, I know dinos came before humans. However, that doesn't seem to be true of everyone).

"MGM to Launch New Official SG-1 Site" - I haven't had a chance to go look yet, but it sounds very ducky.

Only in New Jersey: "New Jersey begins taxing iTS downloads like CDs and armored cars"

Can you believe it? It is October already. I was shocked. Now I just have to live through October, November, and part of December ;-)

The "fun-ness" of the week - ASM, Java, and Stephany hitting head on wall. I am working on using ASM to monitor a java class file. Using ASM I am suppose to re-create the classes, methods, and variables. Well, as much as one can. Basically enough info for UML class diagrams. Lets just say it is going slow. Oh and java 1.5 is so much better than 1.4.

Now if you will excuse me, I have some hitting my head on the wall...err...I mean programming to do. Assuming I don't fall asleep during my office hours...4 hours of sleep and I start getting a bit loopy.

Auto-lights are a great thing. Except when the room is your office, there are only two of you there, and you spend most of you time sitting. The lights keep turing off plunging us into darkness...

No comments: