Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Life, Snow, Homework...Not always in that order

Today's song obsession: "Savin' Me" by Nickelback

"Doesn't make us right, Colonel, just a whole lot of people wrong." - Apollo (Battlestar Galactica)

Yep, my song obsession for today is the one from the Battlestar Galactica commericals on Sci-Fi channel. I really didn't pay that much attention to it until maybe the 10th time I saw the commerical. At that point I had to figure out what song it was and find a copy of the song. I thought I had it - it was just finding it that was the interesting part. The hardest part was trying to find time to find the song.

It was been a very busy few weeks. The homework is definately starting to come pouring in. Plus, I am giving a midterm on Thursday. Students have been emailing me questions regarding the course (which involved my typing answers this morning at 2 AM). Not that I minded or anything. I am happy to answer student questions. Actually, I am really excited to do so. However, it tells one a lot about themselves if they are up at 2 AM answering emails.

UML and profiles are still giving me a difficult time. I feel like my diagrams are still missing something. However, my small problem is that I don't know what they are missing. So, I am simply going on a gut feeling that something is missing. (OK, everyone say it together: "Stephany is an obsessive grad student and is going crazier by the day").

Snow is schedules on the forcast for the evening out here in the "wilds" of Michigans far side. It has been raining since last night and will turn to snow over night. I think the fall just came womping in. The high for tomorrow is something like 40. Get out the sweaters and turtlenecks!

"Microsoft Tests OneCare Beta for Vista"

"Scientists find more bones of big camels"

Now if you will excuse me, I have to get back to staring at a bunch of diagrams hoping that I get some sort of amazing revelation. Of course, that isn't a complaint, more of a wish or hope. I like what we are doing, just while one is trying to grasp the concepts it can be a bit tiring.

Anyway, stay warm and dry!

No comments: