Sunday, July 25, 2004

Quandary Making - Harder than you might think...

I am currently taking a class in which we need to make a quandary. If you ever need to make one I highly recommend this software. It is straight foward and easy to use. Plus, you can get a free trial. It is available in version 2 for windows and version 1 for macs. (Note: mac users things made with version 2 windows are not compatible with the version 1 for macs - I found this out the hard way).

Unfortunatly, the same is not true for the quandary itself. First there was decision-point tree that needed to be made. Then a story line. Each branch in the tree leads down a path and so forth. With 7 decision points this gives you a bunch of paths. To make a long story short - it gets complex fast.

It is a great education experience. I had no idea these things were so complex and difficult to make! I better go find myself a lot of diet pepsi and some chocolate covered peanuts.

Here are a few more links for you viewing pleasure:
Dave Barry's Column -- These are the best humor columns anywhere. The topics are off the wall and very funny.

J.K. Rowling's Site -- Harry Potter fan? Find out the latest here.

Count Your Sheep -- a webcomic I enjoy reading. It is about a girl, her mother, and their imaginary friend Ship. I highly recommend this for light reading and good humor. It is well drawn and cute.

Prof Quotes -- a site were people can post quotes of their professors or teachers. I have occationally seen some from professors I have taken from - which is really interesting. Check it out.